cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please wait. The webinar will begin soon." window keeps moving on its own

Mt404
Attendee

The Zoom program is broken and taken over by a ghost because the "please wait" window keeps moving from where I put it to the middle of the screen and this is SUPER ANNOYING. Can the people who does zoom programming please fix this bug and make the window just stay where it's put?

18 REPLIES 18

andrewnryan
Listener

I agree that this is very disruptive to productivity and would also vote that the pop up not auto relocate itself and honor any manual placement of the window which may have been done by the user. 

galos
Listener

+1  I often times jump on early to webinars or meetings because I'm often distracted with current work and don't log in on time. When the popup window for "Waiting for meeting/webinar to start" is moved to my second screen, every few seconds, it moves to my current screen right in the middle, which prevents me from doing my work. I then have to keep moving it to the second screen.  It would be nice if this didn't happen, or at least offer a checkbox option in the settings to not do this. Thank you

tw5
Listener

Agreed, same issue as galos.. so annoying.

AlpacaJoe
Listener

Created an account just to post this agreement. Extremely annoying feature that doesn't make any sense. It should either stay minimized if I minimize it, or stay where I put it manually.

rlboston
Listener

It not only moves on it's own, it moves to wherever my cursor is so it jumps immediately in front of where I'm typing, as it did three times while typing this. Was it designed to be annoying? 

baron
Listener

OMG, yes. This popup behavior is one of the worst behaviors of the Zoom UX. I have been interrupted by it several times as I prepared this response.

NigelParry
Listener

The popup is hugely annoying as it directly disrupts my preparation for the meeting by taking over my computer repeatedly. Minimizing it makes no difference. Hitting the "X" cancels your participation in the meeting. 

TimBav
Listener

Happy Birthday! This VERY ANNOYING AND SIMPLE TO FIX issue is OVER A YEAR OLD.

Universal workaround: connect to the webinar on your phone until you hear it start.

I created an account just to report this - it's like having someone mash their hand in your face every minute.

It need fixing on MacOs as much as on Windows and Linux.

At least on Linux it's possible to intercept it with the window manager.

Jeff-on-Zoom
Listener

I have the same issue, I continue to have to move the box every few seconds. It shouldn't be too hard to add or remove the line of code telling the window to move.

dpro
Listener

When will this be fixed? Does Zoom even respond to these?

nate237
Listener

Super aggravating. Let me minimize it and keep it minimized until the dang webinar starts.

mgrinter
Listener

We are now into 2024 and this is STILL an issue.  I don't see anything in the settings to change this behavior and clearly no advice on this forum with a fix.  Zoom?!  Are you out there?  We need help...

rlboston
Listener

Webex

droopydog500
Listener

Please, Zoom, fix this appalling behaviour....

mjoseff
Listener

Hi, Zoom, will you please prevent the "Please wait.  The webinar will begin soon." window from popping up after I minimize it?  The problem is, it's unpredictable and prevents me from doing meaningful work while disrupting my flow as an unexpected result of minimizing the window.

theroguerobot
Listener

Zoom really needs to fix this. It's probably the most annoying thing I have to deal with. I want to jump on a meeting to make sure I get in and don't forget to start, but I can't work while the (!@#$&*#(@%%&(!@ pop up keeps taking center stage on my screen. Just.... STOP.

bill-v
Listener

Chiming in on this - this is the most annoying UI bug I have ever seen. Had a webinar that started 25 minutes late and you literally cannot get that window to stop popping up. Move it to a new screen - 2 minutes later it sets itself right to where you are working.  minimize it, 2 minutes later it pops up right to wherever you are working. I cannot imagine anyone thinking this is a feature - it is definitely a bug 
It is reminiscent of an overly-modaled news website except somehow it has access to my all of my screens 

zoombugs
Listener

This bug is eminently annoying!  I actively avoid Zoom webinars because it's impossible to work while waiting for the webinar to start.  It couldn't take more than a few seconds to fix this bug.